Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ben's Short Words

people had been asking for them, i think, so here you go:

i just have a short bit to say about my dad.

ever since i was little, and then all the way up until now, someone is always asking who who your hero is. for my entire life, i never even thought twice about who my hero was. kids would always answer "superman" or "batman" or some other ridiculous fake person.. but i always knew... without a second of hesitation, that my hero was my dad.

i've never answered this question any other way, and it's never even crossed my mind that there COULD be another answer.

to me, he could always solve any problem. he always had the level headed solution. he always had the intelligent choice. he always had the well considered plan. i have always been convinced that no matter what went wrong, no matter how badly i messed things up, he was there.. a superhero ready to swoop in and take care of things. i was never scared to venture out into anything, because i knew my dad, even when far away, could save me from anything. he always knew how to fix it, or how to deal with it.. no matter what it was.

my dad is my hero.

No comments: